Saturday, October 18, 2008

Episode 01 - Greetings

Learn Tibetan in easy steps.

Tashi delek. This is Dorjee. Tashi delek this is Phillipa. Tibetan podcast 1 - introductions and greetings

Dorjee: Today we’re going to practise some basic Tibetan introductions and greetings.

Dorjee: First I will start with hello, I’m Dorjee . Listen to me and then practise

Tashi delek, nga Dorjee yin

Tashi delek, nga Dorjee yin

Tashi delek, nga Dorjee yin

Phillipa: Dorjee I find it hard to say nga – can you give me any hints about how to pronounce it?

Dorjee: When you say which means I your tongue does not touch the upper palate...

Phillipa: Tashi delek nga Phillipa yin.. Is that the only way to introduce your name?

Dorjee: I’ll tell you another way

This time I am going to say, hello my name is Dorjee. Listen and repeat

Tashi delek, Ngaeh ming Dorjee yin

Tashi delek, Ngaeh ming Dorjee yin

Tashi delek, Ngaeh ming Dorjee yin

Phillipa: OK how about asking someone are you well?

Dorjee: Are you well?

Khe-rang ku-sug De po Yin Pay

Khe-rang ku-sug De po Yin Pay

Khe-rang ku-sug De po Yin Pay

Dorjee: Let put it all together – Hello, are you well?

Tashi delek, Khe-rang ku-sug De po Yin Pay

Tashi delek, Khe-rang ku-sug De po Yin Pay

Tashi delek, Khe-rang ku-sug De po Yin Pay


Phillipa: How do I reply to that question and say I am well

La yin, Tho che na

La yin, Tho che na

La yin, Tho che na


Phillipa: It’s time for me to go. How do I say goodbye?

Good bye –

Kaleshu

Kaleshu

Kaleshu

Dorjee: Those who are leaving say Kaleshu and those who are staying say kalepe

Kalepe Phillipa la

Kalepe Phillipa la

Kalepe Phillipa la



Phillipa: How do I say see you later

Dorjee:

Jeh la Jal yong

Jeh la Jal yong

Jeh la Jal yong

Phillipa: That’s all for now

Dorjee: Jeh la Jal yong

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Tashi delek!
Hello! this is an amazing resource thank you very very much!, i'm venezuelan, and i'm learning tibetan, and so far this have been the best tibetan-learning resource that i have found on internet!

Thank you Very much

Peter Marks said...

Thanks Jesus,

Very kind of you to write.

Kind regards,

peter, phillipa and dorjee.

Anonymous said...

Can you please specify what dialect you are using?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to have found such a great ressource! thank you very much!

Hillary Anastasia Wilson said...

greeting from Florin Ca this is a great resource I work with monks and nun's that visit this area and this will be really helpful.thank you thank you so ever much